Thursday, January 26, 2017

Coke Ovens

I recently installed a set of Coke Ovens near the wye at Dolores.  The Coke Ovens were made many years ago by Trains of Texas, and were located near Durango on my old layout.  I was able to salvage this industry from the old railroad when I dismantled it, and now I have another switching location on the new RGS layout.

I installed the Coke Ovens with two sidings, with a total capacity of 14 cars.  Both turnouts are powered using Tortoise switch machines, controlled by Touch Toggles.


Coke Ovens installed on the Rio Grande Southern.  Two No. 6 turnouts lead from the RGS mainline in the lower right corner to the Coke Ovens.

A closer view of the Coke Ovens.  Note that no scenery has been put in place yet.  The scenery is from the old layout.

Three Clear Creek Models Hi-Side Gondolas spotted at the Coke Ovens.  The dump truck is a Jordan Highway Miniatures Mack dump truck.

An overall view of the Coke Ovens.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to re-use the great looking coke oven scene, on the new layout.

    ReplyDelete